it’s been a hot minute since i’ve done a blog post. i realize that. i thought about whether or not i should continue blogging at all, but quickly decided not to overthink it and take advantage of the free moments i have.
life is good. i have a precious baby in the other room, happily napping. (i’m watching her on my monitor as i type this, technology is amazing!) i’m clean, i’ve had coffee, and bonus points for a run and dog walk. i feel like i have conquered the world in the last hour!!! anytime i have a shower i feel like high-fiving someone. it’s that awesome.
much to catch up on – so for my Week In Review, hosted by the lovely momma and inspiration to my new-mom-self, Meg, i will try to summarize all that’s happened in the last week then try to catch up on what’s actually happened in the last few months in another post. to join the WIR party, link up with Meg here – she’s clean and fast on her feet. hehehe wink wink.
so clearly life has changed. i had a baby. Lucinda Helene Smith. this precious tiny human was inside my body and entered the world on june 27th, at 2:33am. this is the work of angels and powers greater than i can comprehend. mother nature is mind blowing. growing humans is mind blowing. i still can’t believe i grew and carried a baby, then had her lifted out of my bowels and into the world, and now she’s gurgling happily in the next room.
okay i can go on forever… this whole has got me like WHOA. science. the human body. women. it’s all epic shit.
so back to my WIR, i’ll start with what i actually did this last week. my brain is scrambled up so this list will be scrambled, too.
the daily stuff:
- breastfed, burped, changed diapers, rocked baby, napped, ate, laundry x a thousand times, cleaned, more diapers, some pumping
- walked to a cafe for breakfast with friends 2 x
- saw my dentist once, had a tooth pulled once
- took antibiotics for tooth infection for a week
- hubby took off work to help with baby while i did the dental torture: 1 day
- had my post natal OB appointment and took the baby, so it lasted 3 hours
- saw my girlfriend on friday for happy hour – 2 hours of adult time
- grocery store: 1 x
- workouts: 30 mins x 5, plus an easy run on sunday with my gal pal
- dogs walked: 1 time 🙁 sadly they get the short end of the stick
- mother’s helper came over to help: 3 x
- days where i stayed on the couch and felt tied to the baby station: 2 x
- went to my mom’s house with the baby: 2 x and brought dogs
- meals cooked: ???? cooking? i baked bread. i’m surprisingly good at that.
- baby vomitted milk: 3 x
- baby spit up: 10-20 x little spit ups
- calls to the pediatrician: 1 x – said to eliminate all foods from my diet but potatoes and turkey and rice…
- cried about feeling overwhelmed at changing my diet: 1 x
- calls the the lactation specialist: 1 x – she said the change the feeding position. this actually worked immediately.
- attempts at work stuff: 2x
- paperwork done to return back to teaching 1 day per week of spinning classes
- got my hair done on saturday while hubby watched Lulu
- glasses of wine all week: 4
ok so the sweet baby girl is waking up. i’ll end this quick with a blast of photos of the last 5 weeks and 1 day.
how was your week?
when was the last time you got your hair done?
ever had a tooth pulled?