this past week was another busy one. is it EVER not, though? seriously.
despite my lack of social media presence and interest (sorrybutnotsorry?) i’ve enjoyed going over my past weeks to reflect and ponder on just how much stuff can happen in 7 days. and this wouldn’t be possible without the great linkup hostess of WIR’s, Meg. please give a fu*k and linkup here.
my theme of the past week is caring. give a shit. give a fuck about stuff. i may not know a lot, but i know i’m joyfully growing a tiny human inside me, and i want her to know that it’s ok to not give a fu*k about everything. but on that same note, it’s OK to care. in fact, it’s OK to give a big fuck about a lot of things. i know it’s super trendy right now to ‘not give all the fucks’ and all that jazz, but fuck that. i give a fuck about stuff. some stuff. i don’t give a hoot about celebrity facebook/ig posts and can’t join people in their quest for self affirmation via social media. but i do care about the things in my life that matter. and i don’t care what other people care about or think. i’ve made a lot of friends over the years and i can’t say they are all still my friends. i’ve crossed paths with people temporarily, and used to wonder if i’m supposed to keep in touch with everyone. but i don’t. you don’t. people come in and out of life. some stick around for a while, for longer, or just for a moment. i’ve realized that friendships take a bit of work but otherwise shouldn’t be that hard. life can be hard, but we don’t have to make things harder by giving a crap about non-consequential crap. who cares what who wore? who cares if your polish is chipped or your kitchen is clean? in the grand scheme of things most stuff is just trivial. the big stuff matters. what is big to me are my family and health, and my gosh darn mental abilities. things that make me happy, like sweating and helping people sweat. and learning stuff. waking up and cuddling with my 3 loves – dj, muffin, and hubby – bring me great joy. as long as they’re good, it’s all good in my hood.
so thanks for bearing through that tangent. i’ve been going off on a lot of tangents lately. lack of alcohol and caffeine have brought out major thoughts in me. i think i like it.
but back to the point and post at hand. what did i get up to this past week?
- lots of spin classes – both teaching and taking
- volunteered an entire day at the asia society
- attended a volunteer banquet at the asia society – superb!
- did a lot of adulting and wifery: laundry, domestics, cooking, work stuff
- had a prenatal appointment: baby Smith is good, approx 4lbs and growing. doc said eat more protein, i say OK!
- had a friend over for lunch
- went out to lunch and dim sum
- met with my bestie for a much needed mani and pedi – ahhhhh sweet delights
- watched Deadpool at home… fell asleep for 10 min but overall it was entertaining
- watched Game of Thrones
- supervised hubby as he hung ALL the pictures in each room, minus baby room
- had date night with epic pizza place discovery neary home. YUMMY
- celebrated hubby’s last final exam
- got thank you cards for upcoming shower (after realizing all my stationary disappeared during our move. so sad!)
- researched tons of wall decals for nursery – changed my mind a thousand times
- took care of sick pups all weekend – good news, they are both healthy! whatever it was passed. relief and joy to the world.
what did i really give a fu*k about this past week?
my doggies and their health. i’m guessing my pregnant state of mind is making me very sensitive, and noticing them not feeling well just cuts me to the core.
also volunteering at the asia society. it’s been such a joyful place to be and help, that i don’t feel like i’m doing much besides enjoying myself. it’s an honor to be there.
putting together my playlists and teaching the best classes i can. i try so hard to make the best classes i can for each location, and really can’t wait to get back from maternity leave to see what my non-preggo self can do. watch out world!
my growing nugget – she’s the center of my cinnamon roll… the best part of everything, and my motivation and inspiration for doing all i do. can’t wait to meet her.
my goals for next week are pretty much the same – and get my art supplies back. i need to create art! i give a big fuck about art so i need to make it a priority… already have a big zebra painting in mind 🙂
how was your week?
best part of the week?